BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Seek Solitude Time

I don't know about you, but I personally find it quite difficult to be still.

In the face of SO many projects and tasks that need to be done all the time, combined with my natural propensity to be a "doer" stillness does not come easily in my life. I actually have to WORK at letting go and creating stillness.

How about you? Have a read of this quotation by Elizabeth Cady Stanton...

"There is a solitude which each and every one of us has always carried within. More inaccessible than the ice cold mountains, more profound than the midnight sea: the solitude of self."

For sure, time in nature is my closest remedy to my stillness challenge!

Time spent putting bedding plants into planter boxes yesterday was restful, it is true. Time spent clearing weeds and thinning the density of ferns for my hostas room to breathe somehow symbolically allowed me space to breathe. The wisteria vine received a serious pruning, too, unfurling it's tenacles from the many handles it had twined itself around... and now there is room to enjoy it's beauty again.

Decluttering has become an important focus in my life over these last few months. The inner self-work that I did at The Haven recently has me working inwardly and my outer world calls for a similar cleansing. All those unnecessary "extras" that take up space are gradually being cleaned out and let go. Never did I imagine that by de-cluttering my garden would make a difference to my psychological space, too.

If you're like me and are challenged to slow down long enough to seek solitude time, perhaps you'll find, as I am, that decluttering your garden will offer you similar moments of respite.

Today I will seek stillness by staining the new cedar panelling on the new veranda addition we've put on the front of our sweet home... smile.

P.S. Happy Birthday today, Mom!
You are such an important blessing in my life.

Warmly, Carolyn

www.life-balance-success.com
for your copy of the Becoming the BEST YOU Possible eBook!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home