BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

End Fighting Now!

Welcome.

I'm upset and I'm puzzled and wish I could understand what motivates some people.

My close friend, "L's" young teenage boy "D" (names disguided to protect their identity) was swarmed by a group of older teenagers and beaten senselessly the other night as he walked home. It was totally unprovoked and "D" now suffers contusions, a concussion and bruising all over his body.

WHY? How can these things happen, I ask?

The most horrible part of this for me is that this was the SECOND time in a single day that these beatings had happened. Earlier, our local news report told of a group of young teenagers that beat an innocent cat, of all living things, and shattered its back leg so badly it had to be amputated.

What has provoked the loss of caring values and respect for others in these times?

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I was raised to treat every living thing with reverance and respect, even plants. It would cause me tremendous pain to know that I'd ever hurt anyone or anything. How can these young punks align with such disrespect for another living being and even work in a group mindset with such cruelty?

What payoff do these kids get from undertaking these dastardly acts?
Do they really think these acts are acceptable and fun?

Parents! I ask, where are the parents of these kids!?!
Moms and Dads, do you know where your children are right now?
Do you know where your kids are and what they're doing right now?
Do you know the others that your kids are hanging out with?
Please, take the time to instill in your kids the respect that all living things deserve!

Kids! Choose what is right and good and loving to others!
What you are doing is not fun or funny, it is cruel and SO wrong.
Get a life! Get on the right road of life!
You are the inheriting future of this planet, help make it good rather than setting such negative examples for all time to come.

What suggestions do you, my reader friend, have about this subject. I'd love to hear from you.

"L" and "D"... your mindset and spirit of choosing love over fear is amazingly admirable. In the face of these pathetic acts, I can't believe I'm about to say this but I still believe that most of the world and its people are essentially good. Our world suffers for the awful acts of those awful few. That's sad.

Warmly, Carolyn
Inner Fitness(R) Programs
www.innerfitness.ca

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home