BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Windows to a new world

Gee, I'm glad you're visiting!

As the door and windows arrive to be built into our new garden workshop, they cause me to ponder the general significance of the captivation I feel with cool windows and doors.

What is it that draws me to love windows and doors so much, I ask?!

What I explore and consider tickles me. The Webster's Dictionary offers the helpful words for me to understand the appeal!

Windows "are an opening to permit light to enter" and "a wavelength through which energy observation is advantageous."

Doors "are a means to obtain something" and "an opening which may lead to something useful or desirable."

How cool is that, I say.

Much like there are important passages of time in our lives when we have new insights and new points to act from, windows and doors symbolize those life thresholds with which we can see something new before us. As we face new life choice points, it is like we stand before a window or a new doorway of opportunity. How and what we see from that vantage point (whether it is clear and light-filled, or clouded and unclear) is up to us.

But, enough philosophizing. Here's one of my new photographs, definitely one of the coolest "doorways" I've ever seen... quite the optical illusion, and all done through smart shingle cutting!

Copyright 2006 Photo by Carolyn Clarke

May your windows be squeeky clean to provide the clearest life vision possible...

...and may every doorway be a positive passage to your dreams being fulfilled.

P.S. We're hoping to replicate something similar on the backside of our new shed... we like this so much.
Warmly, Carolyn
Inner Fitness(R) Programs
www.innerfitness.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home