BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

We Belong... Community Is Home

After completing an important project today, I decided to take a break and go for a long walk before the predicted rains set in.

Along the way, I met one of our special neighbours and her gorgeous dog, Keeshaw. We stood and talked for several minutes and during our talk I became aware of how important it is for me to "belong" to a community of lovely people that reside close by. Though I don't know my neighbours like I do my closest friends, still my relationship with them is important in my life.

So I ask...

Do you know who your neighbours are?

I recall living in a high rise apartment building in the great West End of Vancouver for many years. Even though we lived in close proximity to people "down the hall," we had absolutely no relationship with these people... sad as that may be.

Instead, here on our Sandy Hook mountain we have a friendly way of visiting... often coming across each other during our walks in the morning... often visiting over our dog friends. I smile at how many neighbours I "know" because of their dogs!

Anyways, it got me thinking about how vital it is to feel that we are a part of a community... no matter what size. I feel blessed that I know who lives around me, their furry dogs that befriend me and feeling a sense of belonging.

Do you even know who lives beside you?

If not, why?

I urge you to mingle some... get to know their furry creatures... for there's nothing like feeling as though "I belong." You belong, too... but do you know it?

Warmly, Carolyn
Inner Fitness(R) Programs
www.innerfitness.ca

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home