BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Awe Is Present Each Day... If Our Senses Are Attuned

The morning light's arrival at the early hour of 5:30am has become my time of awakening these days... and it pleases me. Being a morning person, I adore getting up (quietly while the rest of my sweet family sleeps) and going for a walk on our mountainside.

At that hour of the morning, it is like I have the world to myself and the stillness is incredible. It sounds silly to say this, but the silence is actually "loud." There are no people sounds anywhere! No automobiles, no lawn mowers, no children, nothing except me and the happily chirping birds.


Last week in my blog entry, I attached this amazing quote;
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." Quote by George Carlin

This quote touched and stayed with me all week! It is my early morning walks that are currently filling me with the greatest moments of breath taking awe recently. For example, as I climbed our steep driveway this morning, I caught the heavenly scent of something before even realizing that it was the apple blossoms on our tree... amazed that I'd never noticed how fragrant they are before.


((C) 2006 Photograph by Carolyn Clarke, all rights reserved)


I made the steep decent down to the local beach and perched myself on a big boulder looking out on the incredible stillness of the inlet... the entire body of water (10 miles long) just like a sheet of glass! Not a sound... not a single sound stirred for approximately 6 or 7 minutes, before a small fishing vessel fired up its engine a few miles up the coast. Nature offers such a surreal meditation. This is the incredible beauty that I am talking about...


((C)2006 Photograph by Carolyn Clarke, all rights reserved)

How fortunate that spring in full force is what pulls me into my greatest life balance "tool"... the outdoors with my Self.

As I huffed and puffed the entire way back up the mountain after my beach meditation, I thought about the dramatic difference we'll see in vegetation between the lush greenery that is abundant here right now, to the stark dryness of the Arizona desert we will experience next week.

Richard and I leave next Monday to teach another seminar for the Core Training Summit Conference, always a great experience. We LOVE the dry climate of the desert country and look forward to our time with the group, as well as the playtime we'll take after the event.

Set your senses out for the little awe-inspiring moments in each of your days. These moments are everywhere around us, IF we have our senses out to experience them.

Happy Day, love Carolyn!


www.innerfitness.ca


P.S. Upon our return from Arizona I will have the quirky kinks worked out of my first-built website and will have a launch date (with a Special Offer!) for our eBook to tell you about. We are THAT close!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home