BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Confessions of A Work & Life Balance Coach

Okay, I have a confession to make...


... this Work and Life Balance Coach (ME!) is currently a lousy example of work and life balance, living terribly out of kilter and running around in a terrible scurry these last months. I inadvertantly allowed life's craziness to take ahold of me, life's doled out a few hard knocks and I'm still not back in equilibrium yet. THIS is the reason you have not heard from me in a long stretch now.


How can I POSSIBLY write about balance and stillness and applying good practices if I am not congruent to my own message?!?! So, I've simply chosen to not write for this period of time.


I've been asking myself, "How did I let myself get so over-committed in work, work and even more work?"


How did I fall completely off of my fitness over these last eight weeks since our local Curves fitness center closed? (Gee I miss that great little program!)


How did I think it okay to begin eating anything and everything in sight without bathroom scale repercussions these last weeks?!? Eating chocolate every day tastes great but begins to show in the love handles fairly quickly! (How ironic that my last blog writing was about me doing a raw food cleanse for a seriously committed month! Did I EVER spin out from that!)


The loss of my fitness routine combined with the Christmas holidays and all the rich food temptations, my hips have widened by TEN pounds since the summer! I am definitely in a "tight pants" place in my self image again... moan... after I was feeling at my VERY best late July.


SO...


There's my confession! I feel better for it, too. It's just true, I'm no Work and Life Balance saint these days.


Thankfully, a New Year is almost upon us... a time to refocus, set some goals and get myself aligned as we move into spring again. My best "flourishing" happens between spring and late fall each year and I desire to move south for winter from now on. Winter, I recognize is consistently the hardest time of the year for me.

With my 5oth birthday looming next June, it inspires me to get back on the Work and Life Balance bandwagon!

You'll hear from me more frequently now that I've "fessed up!"


Warmly, Carolyn

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carolyn Clarke,
We at the GiftandHomeChannel.com are impressed with your blog, "Work and Life Balance,” and feel that you strive in delivering excellent advice on the balance of juggling both work and regular life. We feel your tips will be extremely useful to independent retailers looking to get some help in this field. They are mostly people from the baby boomer generation; who have kids either in high school or college, but also run retail establishments. We know that you are very knowledgeable in the area of Work & Life Balance topic, and would greatly value your blogging participation on the Gift & Home Channel Online Community, (http://www.giftandhomechannel.com/?q=taxonomy/vocabulary/5), whose aim is to help expand independent retailers’ business knowledge on running a successful store in today’s economy.
On behalf of GiftandHomeChannel.com, we are inviting you to participate and contribute to our wonderful Online Community. To date, we have over 15,000 members and attract over 30,000 unique visitors a month. GiftandHomeChannel.com offers a wide variety of educational and trendy information that is tailored for independent retailers in order to ensure that they thrive.
GiftandHomeChannel.com consists of blog posts, articles, educational videos, and testimonials from experts in the industry, providing retailers and small business owners with the tools they need to be successful!
The content covers a wide variety of business topics, and we are adding more on a continual basis. To get an idea of the content, view well known blogger Debi Ward Kennedy’s blog here, http://decodivadebi.blogspot.com/, as well as content from Expert Blogger, Bob Phibbs, http://bobphibbs.wordpress.com/
We would love to add you to our masthead of expert bloggers on the Channel, as we believe the content and advice you offer would provide invaluable information that these independent retailers are looking for.
Initially, we would ask that you submit (4) blog posts a month (displaying one a week on the site).
Once we have reviewed your suggested blog content, we will get back to you with the steps. The idea would be that you would upload your content on a weekly basis, and we would look to give your hard hitting content pieces prime placement, both on the site and in our newsletters.
If this is of interest to you, please email me at g-giss@hotmail.com.
Appreciate your time and I look forward to your response.
Thanks,
Greg Gissen
GHC Community Ambassador

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home