BALANCE... an all-important elixer of life to keep equilibrium... a much sought after space of mind, heart and Being. Renew yourself!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Get It Out Of Your Head

Hi friend,
When I opened my email this morning, I was grateful for receiving my on-line subscription magazine, called "You." (Thanks to our special mortgage broker friend, Deborah Still for this complimentary issue!)

In addition to several other good articles, I want to draw your attention to one written by David Allen, entitled "Get It Out Of Your Head"... all about de-stressing by using alternate methods of storing information other than keeping it in our minds.

Here's a little selection of the article... David Allen says:
"Your mind is for having ideas, and it does this really well. It also reviews and analyzes collective data. But in terms of storing and organizing this data, it fails miserably. This is because your head has limited space. It is not designed to hang on to things or give reminders. In addition, you tend to remember things based upon how recently they happened or how much emotion is attached to them–neither one of which is a very strategic way to get reminders. Your mind can only accumulate up to about ten discrete items before it loses perspective on all of them."

Have a read... better yet, watch the short 2:30 minute video that David provided:

Click on http://www.allaboutnews.com/vc.php?a=y&b=8&i=56&rs=ba35aab63a58f5857

Simple message, but a good one. I personally know that unless I make my trusty lists I'm setting myself up for memory meltdown and missed appointments.

Have a really good day today... free from information clutter.

Warmly, Carolyn
Inner Fitness Programs
www.innerfitness.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home