"Smile, it enhances your face value."
Quote by Dolly Parton (1946 - ), American singer and actress
What a really cool quote... and from Dolly Parton, at that!
I am forever amazed at the seriousness on people's faces these days, including my own at times. For me, staring at the computer every day has caused a permanent scrunching of my eyes to focus on the monitor... perhaps that's what I'm seeing in other people's faces, too... the product of too much computer time?
It is said that we have a tiny window of 3 - 10 seconds to make an impression on another person... how incredible that we are inclined to draw conclusions that quickly about someone we have not yet met before. Sure makes me think how important it is to be conscious of how we present ourselves when in public and in situations where we're meeting newcomers, otherwise we may be pasted with an unsavory reputation without even knowing it.
How to make and leave a good impression?
- First and foremost... be real and authentic! There's nothing worse than a phony person pretending to be a nice person. You will best be remembered if you are as genuine as possible.
- Make an effort to dress, appear and act as comfortable, tasteful and pleasant as you can, again without pretense. A person's poor hygiene and sloppy dress will always leave a bad impression, no matter HOW wonderful the person may really be!
- Look people right in the eye when you greet them and talk with them. You will convey a confidence that will attract others to want to dialogue and relate with you.
- Coming from a place of value and worth about yourself will send out the biggest message of all... which you will be admired for. Shrink and people will shrink away from you.
- "Lift your energy," shine your eyes, stand up tall and speak with confidence and credibility.
- Finally, do as Dolly says, "Smile, it enhances your face value!"
These "impression tips" will help you will win hearts over, leave lasting (positive) impressions and nurture upbeat relationships.
Happy Easter to you! May you enjoy some special time with family, friends and the outdoors this weekend.
If you haven't discovered my little Work and Life Balance website offering frequent tips, go to www.a-balanced-life.com and sign up.